Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions


Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil has so many uses! I was mystified as I read the book Virgin Coconut Oil, how it has changed people's lives and how it can change yours by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy that came with my bottle. There were so many health benefits and uses listed that I knew this gluten free product review was going to be no short project.

I decided to give this one awhile, to test many of it's uses. I even went so far as to take a few days and not use any butter or oil, just coconut oil. Here's the scoop:

Ease of Use

Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is easy to use. It comes in a large, big-mouthed jar that is easy to scoop out of. The oil was solid when I received it and stayed so in my chilly kitchen. I used a spoon to scoop large amounts and a knife for smaller portions.

Appearance

Normally this would apply to a finished product, but since the coconut oil disappears in recipes I will cover the oil itself. Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, when solid, is milky white in appearance, for the most part. It carries a swirly translucent look that is really cool to look at!

When warmed into liquid, the oil is clear. Completely clear, like water. It is the same basic consistency as olive oil.

Taste and Texture

There is virtually no taste when mixed into a recipe. Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil carries a slight flavor of coconut, without any of the sweetness I usually associate with that flavor. It does add a richness and depth of flavor to most recipes.

It smells like coconut! This was the only problem I had. I used it the first time to make an herb sauce for my steamed veggies (fabulous, by the way). The smell of coconut was there, but not the taste. It took awhile for my mind to get around.

Versatility

If the book is to be believed (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) then there is no limit to the uses of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. You can cook with it, spread it on bread, cure lice and medicate your animals. It has a super long shelf life so you can use it for a long time.

Overall Value

A 32 oz. jar retails for $37.50, on sale right now for $27.50. It is pretty pricey, but you really can use it for everything! If you're not sure you're ready to commit, try the 16 oz. size for $25.00, it comes with a money back guarantee.

Rating

I recommend Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions and the book that goes with it. There is plenty more to say about this product that won't fit in a review. Watch for follow-ups on Examiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment