Create a Bug Fruit Snacks from Betty Crocker


This week's gluten free product review takes me back to childhood and the simple things in life. In order to properly try Create-a-Bug fruit snacks I had no choice but to open a few packages and play with them. My daughter made some pretty silly looking creatures and had a lot of fun.

Ease of Use

Open package, eat. You can take as much time creating between step one and step two as you want.

Appearance

Betty Crocker Create-a-Bug fruit snacks come in a variety of shapes and colors. There are heads, wings and bodies in colors ranging from yellow to electric blue. Admittedly, it is hard to tell what some of the pieces are, but that made it more fun in the long run. With those pieces we had to use our imaginations and come up with uses. Thus, a head became feet and wings became fins.

Taste and Texture

Create-a-Bug pieces come in strawberry, orange, cherry and grape flavors, at least that's what it says on the box. I'm convinced there is more flavor than listed though. The bright blue ones are downright tangy and I couldn't attach a certain fruit flavor to them. They are all very good though.

As for texture, I love it! To quote the little one, "These are the good kind." Fruit snack connoisseur that she is, I must defer to her judgment. These are not the jelly-like fruit snacks that are like gummy bears. They are the softer, chewier versions. They have a bit of a bite to them.

Versatility

Art projects and ice cream toppings come to mind.

Overall Value

No gluten free pricing here, folks. A ten pack of these fruity cuties will run under three dollars.

Rating

These really are fun. I recommend you pick up a box.

*Note: From now until November 14, 2009, you can enter in a giveaway to win your own box of Create a Bug Fruit Snacks from Betty Crocker along with a lot of other great stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Great article, I found your site looking for bug fruit snacks....but coincidentally my hubby is on a Gluten-Free Diet, and I have recently started a Gluten-Free Blog also. Your site is great! I will definetely be back often to read your product reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! I appreciate the support :)

    ReplyDelete