Gluten Free Whisk Bliss from Shirley J

Gluten Free Whisk Bliss is a universal cooking base that makes seriously creamy sauces, cream soups and creamy-type ingredients for other recipes. It is free from trans fats, saturated fats, hydrogenated oils and MSG. It is also my new favorite kitchen ingredient.

I want to start this review with a warning: This review is for a product so amazing that it will sound like an advertisement. There, I said it. There is nothing that makes me happier than creamy sauces (on anything and everything), and this product delivers just that. I promise, Shirley J did send me the Gluten Free Whisk Bliss to try for free, but I am not obligated to write a good review and I am certainly not a paid spokesperson… Though, at this point I wouldn’t turn down the offer. I honestly adore this product. The other day I saw a post on Facebook asking what gluten free product I would most like to have a lifetime supply of and, I have to say, Gluten Free Whisk Bliss wins, hands down! You could just stop reading here and order the product for yourself, but I have plenty more gushing to do...



Ease of Use

Super easy! Use four parts liquid to one part Gluten Free Whisk Bliss, stir and heat for five or so minutes. After the initial taste-test (where I try very hard to make each product perfectly) I used this stuff a lot. In order to be as honest as possible I really tried to mess this up. I added the powder to hot liquid, I added it to cold… I even left my 13 year old daughter home alone with no instructions to make creamy potato soup. All of our results were delicious and flawless.

Appearance

There is nothing in the bag but fine white powder that smells a little like chicken bullion. Oh! And a moisture absorbing packet that my measuring cups really wanted to scoop up.
This is the easiest Broccoli Cheese Soup I have ever made. I used the recipe from Shirley J and added cauliflower, shredded carrot and onion. DELICIOUS!


Taste and Texture

Oh my goodness gracious!! This stuff is awesome! I have used it now in so many recipes that I wouldn’t even want to list them all here. Every one of them was perfectly creamy. Yes, creamy, like I had added an entire dairy farm. The liquid I used in every recipe was just plain water.

The flavor is delightful. Gluten Free Whisk Bliss is lightly flavored (for me) so for some of my recipes I had to add a bit of powdered chicken bullion or a pinch of salt. I was amazed that there was no funny aftertaste or odd smells. (I am a born skeptic and was really looking for a flaw in this product.)

Versatility

The first week I had it I used this for six different meals. I made broccoli cheese soup, creamy chicken spaghetti (my own recipe) and a host of other meals. One night I took five minutes to make a spinach gravy for my leftover mashed potatoes. The next night I took the leftover gravy and mixed it with hot white rice to create a creamy spinach-rice casserole. I am telling you, if you love creamy comfort food half as much as I do, you need to get this stuff!

Overall Value

You get a generous 32oz bag for $19.95. It lasts a long time and is worth every penny. You can order Gluten Free Whisk Bliss from the Shirley J website. They also sell gluten filled Whisk Bliss, so double check to be sure you are getting the right one.

Rating

Gluten Free Whisk Bliss from Shirley J is a must have for any gluten free kitchen! (Especially ones who are too busy to endlessly stir sauces to get the creamy texture they crave.)

Super Easy Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe (Gluten free, of course)

I have never done this in a product review before, but I really want to share my recipe for Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole. Some things just need to be shared :)
Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

Ingredients:
1 12oz package gluten free spaghetti (I like Schar), broken in half, cooked al dente and drained
4 cups water
1 cup Gluten Free Whisk Bliss
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken (or one large can)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cube chicken bullion (optional)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, whatever you like)

Method:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a small saucepan, combine the water, Gluten Free Whisk Bliss, pepper and bullion, if desired.
  3. Stir until the powder disappears.
  4. Add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Turn down the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
  5. Combine the sauce with the spaghetti in a large casserole dish and top it with cheese.
  6. Bake, uncovered, for fifteen to twenty minutes.
  7. Eat, enjoy, repeat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment